Hi Ian,

On Thu, Jun 27 2024, Ian Eure wrote:

> I’ve [...] moved nearly all of my code off GitHub

Me too.  I think closed it off from search crawlers.  No one should be
using Github anymore except for merge requests.  I left many years ago.

> if you visit their "Am I in The Stack?" page

Thank you for the link!

> pretty much every repository I ever hosted [is in] there, including
> both unlicensed and GPL’d code.

Mine too.  My software likewise has valid headers but no LICENSE files.

> Unfortunately, there is no way to check for the presence of code
> in the training set except by GitHub username.

That's probably because you and I may eventually become part of a class
of copyright holders in a court action.

> What I don’t know for certain is whether these are in the training
> set because they came from SWH, or because HuggingFace obtained
> them through other means.

I can say for certain that none of my items (username "lechner") are in
Guix or elsewhere, so they probably did not originate via SWH.

Also, did you see the opt-out link at the bottom?  I considered it but
would on balance prefer to be part of the settlement class.

Kind regards
Felix