Hi!

Ekaitz Zarraga <eka...@elenq.tech> skribis:

> On 2024-07-21 01:15, Juliana Sims wrote:
>> Greetings comrades,
>> As many of you are likely already aware, the European Union has
>> recently made plans to cut funding to its Next Generation Internet
>> (NGI) initiative which funds hundreds of FOSS projects, including
>> many related to Guix itself.  The current plan is to shift these
>> funds into artifical intelligence research.
>> Petites Singularités has started an open letter to call on the EU to
>> restore this funding.  I would very much support Guix signing onto
>> it. The document, and instructions for participating in this effort,
>> can be found here: https://pad.public.cat/lettre-NCP-NGI
>> For full disclosure, my work on the Shepherd is funded by NGI
>> through NLnet.  While my funding is secure, it would be a tragedy if
>> the opportunity which I have been given to build something really
>> cool and (I hope) revolutionary were denied to others.
>> In solidarity,
>> Juli
>
> I signed the open letter myself.
> https://ekaitz.elenq.tech/
>
> And we are discussing about writing something in Guix about this, too.

Yes.  We’re waiting for feedback from Guix maintainers but I think it
would make a lot of sense to publish the letter on the Guix blog.

As a reminder, Guix has directly benefited from several NGI-funded
projects, and indirectly with support for Mes, the RISC-V port of the
bootstrap chain, Shepherd/Spritely, and Guile.

Ludo’.