Hi Olivier,

Olivier Dion <[email protected]> writes:

Hi Ian,

While I very much agree with your sentiments toward LLMs, I think you should stay. Divide and conquer has always been a technique used to attack FLOSS, and I believe that in our modern uncertain time, we have
to stick together.

People can change their perception about something, usually through discussions with peoples that have different opinions. By ostracizing yourself, you remove your point of view from the community and thus your
influence on others that your voice carries.

I urge you to stay and fight for your point of view instead. For examplel, you can refuse to review PRs made with LLM. I'm sure you can
find other way of protesting against LLM, within the community.

Respectfully, no thank you. I don’t want to fight, I just want to hack on things in peace. Perhaps it’s selfish to want the benefit without putting in the effort, nevertheless, it’s how I feel. I have limited free time and will not squander it on things that bring me no joy.

I will reevaluate when and if the situation changes.


Just so you know, Guile recently adopted a total ban on LLM usage for
contributions.  It is not all lost.

Yes, I was happy to see this.  But I’m not a Guile contributor.

 -- Ian

Reply via email to