Hi Oleg,

I was always fascinated by your work on R packages ;)
Let me try to reproduce it.

Thanks for your interest! You're already very busy successfully maintaining other parts of our package collection. I hope you don't feel pressured to take on more than is sustainable for a single contributor.

Do you use bulk refresher + commiter?

Yes, I use

  ./pre-inst-env guix refresh -t cran -u

and later

  ./pre-inst-env guix refresh -t bioconductor -u

A lot of time is spent on cleaning up the diff, e.g. to remove excessive native inputs and to cut dependency cycles. Sometimes this requires disabling tests. I also record properties to hopefully simplify the next update. A very small number of package updates I revert right away, because I know that I can't build bundled artifacts from source.

I often run "make" to see what packages I need to add or which references I need to remove. More info in Message-ID: <[email protected]>.

I usually commit package additions manually, as well as package updates that needed manual intervention. Once the big bulk of the automatically applied changes builds successfully, though, I use the committer to finish things up.

--
Ricardo

Reply via email to