I will follow up with my own 2 cents.

Early when I was using Guix, I read a lot of posts from systemcrafters and 
futurile, which are both very good source of such "How To" material. And in 
there, there was indeed quite a bit of outdated things, because these are blog 
posts not meant to be updated. I also used info from the cookbook but to be 
frank there is a lot of missing info there.

As I see it, How To and practical advices already exist in the wild. If there 
is no Guix Wiki, people will use these sources as I did and the material will 
be out of date anyways because such blog posts are not meant to be up to date. 


> For frequent contributors (and more so those with commit rights) this 
> friction is quite imperceptible but for the vast majority of us I think it 
> can not really be overcome.

I totally agree with this, as a non contributor myself, and I think on the 
other hand that Guix could benefit from using the workforce of all the people 
who know enough to give advice but are not contributors. In particular for 
parts of Guix that are just day to day for a user (not a contributor). The 
posts by futurile (https://www.futurile.net/resources/guix/) are a good example 
of what I mean by "day to day" which is, I feel, not as easy to understand in 
the manual/cookbook.

Best,
Timothée


Reply via email to