Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

Ok, getting real, what you say and what I say are IMHO both notable features that fill real needs. Needs are never in discord, implamantations are. Let's see how we can fix implementations to make all needs satisfied.
+1

What about making Gump commit the latest descriptors in its CVS at every run? With the possibility of not-synching for some projects in case ASF developers want to try and fix the Gump version?
Let express my root need or requirement, then we can discuss implementations.

My experience is that if descriptors are moved to Avalon, they rot. What's worse is that people who care are excluded from making changes.

For projects I care about (and that's a *lot* of projects), I want the descriptors to *either* be actively maintained or someplace that bodewig, conor, Stephen, myself, and several others (hi leosimons and mpoeschl and mvdb and cmlenz!) can update.

My creating of a place where all ASF committers can update is one possible implementation.

- Sam Ruby