[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Going with the "good idead, crappy code" mantra 8-)
Cache files that are external to Gump in a new cache directory, use
cached files if we cannot reach the external resource.
+1! Both to the sentiment, and to the code. ;-)

I ran a test on windows... appeared to cache the files it could access, and not die because there were ones that it could not.

Note: this should work on the build machines... but one thing I'd like to note: the following step is always done from a clean checkout, so it will not benefit from the cache:

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/gump.html

As this step is for verification purposes, this actually is a good thing.

- Sam Ruby