On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Adam R. B. Jack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://gump.covalent.com/log/checkstyle.html Not sure which JDK is
> used on Covalent, the Ant is '1.6' -- 'cos it is CVS HEAD Ant.

Which means, it is 1.7alpha.  Not too different from 1.6, but
different. 8-)

> The XML parser is CVS HEAD of XERCES.
>
> So, I wonder if the thing to do is remove this dependency, and let
> whatever is in the JDK take over.
>
>     <depend project="xml-xerces"/> in
>
> http://gump.covalent.com/log/module_checkstyle.html
>
> or, ought we request crimson?

Both should work, as should explicitly requesting JAXP:

  <depend project="jaxp" id="parser"/>

But I'm not sure whether this is going to help, as DefaultHandler's
resolveEntity method is supposed to throw IOException according to my
JDK 1.4.1 javadocs.

Cheers

        Stefan