On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Antoine Lévy-Lambert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Did you make a build of xmldb yourself, or is this an official
> distro ?

Honestly, I have no idea what it is or where it came from - I mean,
whether it is some kind of official.

>From time to time projects depend on things we can't or don't want to
build and we find that the required jar have been checked in
somewhere.  It's lazyness on our side that we reuse this instead of
making it a fullblown package.

I think in the xmldb case, only xindice needed it when it was
declared, so we added a little project descriptor to it.  At the point
where other projects started to depend on it as well it should have
been turned into an installed package (or a project we build).

But there's always something that's more important, you know.

Stefan