Ok, I've dug into this a little, and recall (pretty much) where I left
things.

I see two choices in the command line to Maven:

1) Run the maven script (.bat or .sh) to let Maven run java (with it's JVM
settings) and set it's environment. I worry about this, a little -- since we
don't run Ant.bat|sh, we call it.

2) Run the following: org.apache.maven.cli.App

which allows us to control the JVM, and hence set CLASSPATH, JVM Arguments,
BootClasspath, etc.

Clearly the second is likely to be better if we ever could use the Maven
just Gumped, but will Maven allow it? I know the maven script inserts a
classloader into the JVM, but I'm not sure that fits Gump's world.

I'm uncertain as to the best short/medium/longterm approach. Any thoughts?

regards,

Adam
--
Experience the Unwired Enterprise: