On 7/20/06, Anthony Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
David Scheidt wrote:

> PCs are Heroic types.  They're expected to be more motivated than the
> rest of us.

I figure that the level of motivation PCs have is proportionate to their
unspent experience points. If you have no unspent experience, you aren't
motivated (or at least, not sufficiently motivated to actually gain any
skills).

I've used the training rules, with some adjustments, on a number of
occaisons.  I ran a late 17th century game, where the PCs spent a lot
of time travelling by ship.  And I do mean a lot of time.  It takes a
long time to get from the west coast of North America back to Italy.
After their first trip, where I greatly limited what they could learn,
they hired a master swordsman as part of the crew, to provide
training, and found a sailing master with the teaching skill (run as
an adventure) who could teach them how to handle their ship.  Two
hours a day, drilling at fencing, four hours a day sailing and
navigating, and a couple hours a day, working on book stuff, adds up
over the course of a year or two.




--
David Scheidt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to