On 7/27/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: Matt Riggsby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thursday, July 27, 2006 4:36 pm
Subject: Re: [gurps] Mitigators (was Cyberpunk & 4e)

> It strikes me that a character might also have ideological reasons
for
> keeping disads as well.  Religious vows, for example, or in
solidarity
> with a "deaf culture" or "blind culture."

If there were a "blind culture". There isn't.

No one asserted that there was.  However, since there is a "deaf
culture" and, if not particularly distinct cultures, at least vaguely
identifiable societies of other varieties of the disabled, that
suggests that the emergence of a "blind culture" is at least a
theoretical possibility.

I personally don't see a "solidarity" argument making sense;

Nor do I.  However, people are capable of doing all kinds of things
that won't make sense to your or I in the name of a cause.



--
My wife's food blog is quite interesting:
http://thehappysorceress.blogspot.com
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to