On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi all. Trying to see if a service timeline for a modern-era character
I'm creating makes sense.

Character age Now: 36.

OK...Character was Army ROTC. During summer, he took airborne
training. If there are any ROTC types here, as I have no idea about
such things; How much time is left in the summer to actually do other
stuff?

As I recall, ROTC took about half the summer. Call it two months. I'm
basing this off comments from a college roommate back *mumble* years
ago.

This time is a mixture of real training time and On The Job training.
They will most likely have at least one of their summers spent as an
ensign at a military post.

Someone going to a military academy would have very different experience
than someone going to a normal college and doing ROTC.

Also, is much done with ROTC during the break between fall and spring
semesters that most schools have?

Mostly drilling, if that.

Next...Graduates at 22. OK...He's doing Infantry Officer Basic Course,
16 weeks, and Ranger School, 8 weeks. What order is it done in?

Would have to ask some of my friends, I think it is general training and
then specialized training, then MOS.

OK, and a misc question:

Real-world, assuming someone with high intelligence and a talent for
languages, but no specific training in, say, linguistics. How many
languages could they plausibly speak fluently? What number seems too
many?

I would say 3-4 languages, easily. This assumes they grew up in a
culture where they were exposed to multiple languages from infancy.

-Bret

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bret Indrelee |             2b | ~2b = ff.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to