----------| Am 25.03.2008 03:00 schrieb Brandon Cope: |----------
Of course, the ST 17 means that virtually all firers will take double recoil 
penalties.

Brandon
... and this matches with reality; you have already difficulties to fire two shots with a .464 Weatherby Magnum RIFLE to the same target without a longer "regenerating" phase. How much more must this be true with a .600 NitroExpress HANDGUN?

But the statement "The world's most powerful handgun" does not seem true to me; I once (ONCE! Never again!) fired a .800H&H Contender Pistol, and as far as I know, this is ammo has a bit more drive.

But I think this is a theoretical discussion: doing a snapshot with either of these weapons will break your wrist. Already a .50 Desert Eagle can do serious damage to the shooter if he is not prepared to the recoil. And even a shotgun can send you to the dentist if you are careless firing it.

So what practical use will have a handgun with such a caliber when it is at least as dangerous for the firer than for the target? It is bulky, heavy, expensive - and really loud if used. So why going for a .600NE Revolver when I can get the same from a Rifle with .308 HS/HV or AP - that does not try to kill me when I fire it?
--

Thomas Thrien
Obermarkstraße 3
Berghofer Mark
44267 Dortmund
Allemagne

Tel. +49 231 7285456
Mobil +49 171 5289503

Geo 51° 28' 12" N 7° 32' 17" E

_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to