On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Onno Meyer <[email protected]> wrote:
>> That looks to me like a 3,900-foot takeoff run and a 12,000-foot >> landing. The former is well within the tolerances for a small airport, >> so perhaps some sort of better braking system is indicated, either >> Improved Brakes or a drag chute. >> >> Roger > > A chute would be something to replace after each flight, > and hence bad for routine flight ops. Either smartwheels > or improved brakes would bring the landing run to less > than 4.5 miles, and both would bring it to less than 3.4 > miles. (On landing, the tanks would be relatively dry.) Perhaps I missed something here.... 1 mile = 5280 ft. 4 miles = 21120 ft 6 miles = 31680 ft A takeoff run of 3900 ft is approx 3/4 mile. A landing run of 12000 ft is approx 2 1/4 miles. Now I'm really confused. -- Chris J. Whitcomb "I try to keep an open mind, but my brain keep falling out!" _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
