Hi Luca,

I have read your steps. I'm sorry but I think you got a bit confused in the process, as your explanation has some wrong or unnecessary steps. Just in case, the steps to perform are explained in the document:

http://www.gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-desktop/docs/devel/gvsig-devel-guide/2.0.0/trabajar-con-el-nucleo-de-gvsig/gvsig-compilation/initial-configuration/howto-create-eclipse-workspace

I think it is important not to summarize it as anyone following the steps should perform all of them and understand them as some decisions have to be made. It is a process a developer will not perform many times, less so when we finally generate a build.

Unfortunately, the document is still only in Spanish. Looking towards having the compilation document in English, I invite everyone to collaborate on the translation of gvsig.org, as explained in the page:

http://www.gvsig.org/web/home/community/participate

In any case, we will try to translate the gvSIG developer's guide ASAP.

Regards,

--
Cèsar Ordiñana Navarro
gvSIG software architect

luca bianconi escribió:
Hi all,

just a quick news, useful for English speaking gvSIG beginners:
I've posted on my blog [1] a synthesis of the necessary steps to download and compile the last version of our beloved application, as I've discovered and understood them in this month just gone by.

It includes the setting of the dependencies, the environment and of Eclipse.

I'm still reviewing it so if someone likes giving it a glance and maybe suggesting integration and fixing I'd be very happy of adding your informations to the post.

It's available at this address:
http://www.iosa.it/content/compiling-gvsig-20-ubuntu-1004-lts-910-1st-part

Thanks for your help,
Cheers,