It has been released a new development version (build 1411) of gvSIG 1.12.

Since it is still under development, it is not recommended for production use,
although we didn’t detected critical errors. This release contains all the new
features that you will find in gvSIG-Desktop 1.12 final release, which will be
released in a few weeks. Linux and Windows installers are available from the
gvSIG downloads web site [1].

New features of the 1.12 version can be consulted in [2].

We need the help of all the gvSIG community for testing this version. Errors
should be reported directly in the bug tracker [3] or in the gvSIG users
mailing list [4] by sending a mail with a very clear subject (e.g. “bug in
build 1411”).

In case we don’t find critical errors in a week, we will release a RC (release
candidate) version and will start a new testing period. If once more no
critical errors are found, we will release the final version.

Thanks for your contribution.

[1] http://www.gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-desktop/devel/gvsig
[2]
http://www.gvsig.org/web/organization/news-office/news/new-development-version-of-gvsig-1-12-available