Hi,

Thanks to the work of Jorge Piera they are really based on the ISO 19107:2003 [1], which "specifies conceptual schemas for describing the spatial characteristics of geographic features".

GML (ISO 19136:2007) [2] is a XML encoding compliant with the previous ISO, so geometry types are similar to gvSIG's.

Regards.

[1] http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=26012 [2] http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=32554