Aaron,

I have forwarded your message to Dave.  All is as I thought, and I want
to thank you for responding so quickly and thoughtfully.  
Sadly, frustration is a wondrous thing.  <sigh>  

Pam 



-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 7:17 AM
To: Pam Drake
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: FW: My experiences with the beta thus far. Long Post

Pam Drake wrote:
> From: Dave McElroy [EMAIL PROTECTED] As a final note, I attempted 
> to report this situation to GW Micro this PM and was rather rudely 
> advised by someone named Aron that unless I could reproduce the 
> problem he was not going to accept the report as valid.

That couldn't be further from the truth. I notified him that we would
need some sighted assistance in order to investigate the problem
further, because without speech, there's not much I can do over the
phone. Perhaps that kind of response sounds rude to someone who depends
on speech to access their computer, but the problem he was describing
was not one that I could troubleshoot without having some eyes look at
the screen.

> To be fair, arron did ask about the synthesizer, and did state that 
> there *might* be a problem with the driver and its interaction with 
> Window-eyes.

Indeed I did. In fact, I offered all that I could think of about what
the problem might have been. But without the ability to see cross
country, I didn't have a solution for him. Perhaps he equated not having
  a solution as being unhelpful. But my resources for resolving the
problem were limited.

> Pam's comments:
> 
> Perhaps it would have been helpful if our friend Bill had dictated the

> exact text of the on-screen error message to Dave so he could repeat 
> it word for word to Aaron.

It would have been helpful to know there was an error to begin with. 
This is the first I've heard that information. And, yes, having the
exact text gives me the ability to tell exactly what's going on.

> I have assured Dave that the seeming lack of interest or concern he 
> inferred from Aaron's failure to take a report is not the typical way 
> in which the GW-Micro Staff respond to customer issues.  Indeed, Aaron

> himself may not have realized how his response would be interpreted.  
> It was  fifteen minutes to closing time in Fort Wayne, but three hours

> earlier here in Visalia, California.  Perhaps Aaron believed the 
> Triple Talk issue was going to be researched, so there was no need to 
> take a report.  Dave believed he was providing valuable info to the 
> testers, while Aaron was looking for supportive data which didn't
exist.

A very astute observation. Being a support technician means being a
detective, not a miracle worker. Once I have all the details and all the
information necessary to diagnose a problem, I can provide a resolution.

With sketchy details, and vague descriptions of the problem, I'm just as
stumped as whoever is having the problem.

Please let David know that I apologize if I came across as rude or
unhelpful. But without all the details, there was only so much I could
do.

Aaron

--
To insure that you receive proper support, please include all past
correspondence (where applicable), and any relevant information
pertinent to your situation when submitting a problem report to the GW
Micro Technical Support Team.

Aaron Smith
GW Micro
Phone: 260/489-3671
Fax: 260/489-2608
WWW: http://www.gwmicro.com
FTP: ftp://ftp.gwmicro.com
Technical Support & Web Development

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message
is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and
can be searched through and sorted using the search form at the bottom
of the page. 

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include leave gw-info in the body of the
message.


If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be 
searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page. 

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include leave gw-info in the body 
of the message.

Reply via email to