Hi. When I used driver detective to update my video drivers once last year, Every time microsoft would look for new hardware, it would decide I needed an older driver even though I had a newer one. I found that driver detective wasn't worth the money. It also told me I needed drivers which were clearly wrong. On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 15:09:05 -0400, Angelo Ercolamento wrote:
>Hi, that happen to me also this morning trying to use driver detective, I >was able to update my drivers, but the same results are still happening >anyone else having trouble with nvidia video cards? >Angelo > >----- Original Message ----- >From: "Andy Baracco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >To: <[email protected]> >Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 2:41 PM >Subject: Re: Updating video drivers > > >>Well! Being new at this myself, I can tell you what i've done so far. >>You can determine the make and model of your video card by going to >>CONTROL PANEL/DISPLAY/ADVANCED/PROPERTIES. Then you can Google that info, >>and one of the search results should be the manufacturer's web site. Go >>there, and in the search box, type the model name, and you should get to a >>linnk that says, "drivers". Also, a friend told me about a web site called >>DRIVERS.COM but he cautioned that they are 3rd party drivers, and your >>results may vary. Also, many references directed me to a program called >>Driver detective, and i downloaded and installed this program. It is >>supposed to scan your system and give you a list of drivers that need to >>be updated. however, the results seem to be displayed in the form of a >>bit map, and it was unreadable with either Window Eyes or JAWS. >>Andy >>At 11:14 PM 9/26/2008, you wrote: >>>I just read an entertaining string of messages. The messages brought >>>to my attention the importance of updating video drivers. Well, I >>>have no clue how to do this. One of the messages stated that one >>>should go straight to the specific video manufacturer to obtain the >>>updates. How do I determine where to begin? Please, if someone can, >>>provide step by step instructions. I mean, how do I determine my >>>video drivers and update them. >>>Thanks, >>>Brett >>> >>>If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original >>>sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and >>>your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending >>>your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it. >>> >>>All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and >>>can be searched through and sorted using the search >>>form at the bottom of the page. >>> >>>If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to >>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include leave gw-info in the body >>>of the message. >> >> >>If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original >>sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and >>your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending >>your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it. >> >>All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and >>can be searched through and sorted using the search >>form at the bottom of the page. >>If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to >>[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include leave gw-info in the body of the message. >> >> >> >>__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus >>signature database 3476 (20080927) __________ >> >>The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. >> >>http://www.eset.com >> >> > >If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original >sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and >your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending >your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it. > >All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be >searched through and sorted using the search >form at the bottom of the page. > >If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to >[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include leave gw-info in the body >of the message. If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it. All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be searched through and sorted using the search form at the bottom of the page. If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and include leave gw-info in the body of the message.
