Hi. I'm hoping I can find someone who uses a similar setup to mine.

As the subject says, I am using vista with the latest updates as well as
office 2007 with the latest patches and updates. Also have window-eyes 7.01.

When I bring up outlook, it might come up fine. As the today screen starts
to speak, I can press the control key to silence window-eyes. However, more
than not, when I bring up outlook and the today screen starts to speak,
pressing control doesn't silence WE. As a matter of fact, I don't have any
keyboard control at all for probably a minute and a half. Eventually, I will
be given back keyboard control.

If I exit window-eyes and launch outlook, then relaunch window-eyes,
everything works as expected.

I don't have any other screenreader installed currently; so can't determine
if this is a window-eyes 7.01 problem, but I believe it is. If I restore my
system to a point before I had viper installed, outlook and window-eyes work
as expected with the control key silencing WE.

By restore, I mean restoring an earlier backup using image for windows.

Right now, I just exit WE, launch outlook then relaunch WE, but it would be
nice not to have to do that.

I wonder if it is a keyboard timing issue between viper, outlook and WE?

This doesn't happen on my netbook running xp, just on my vista machine.

I have tried telling viper not to check email and also have it not checking
as I open or copy files.

I'd rather not cripple viper too much if I don't have to.

Every other program on my system works as expected and without any problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

 



If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be 
searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page. 

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body 
of the message.

Reply via email to