Hi Ed,

I've received errors from the proof reading script for quite some time (long
before 7.11), and it seems to be set up without an email address for
reporting errors, so he doesn't get to hear about them.

I think the things it does are very much appreciated, but it could use some
work, and the first thing (if you're in touch with them), is to get the
error reporting working and a new version out there so he can hear about the
errors.

please give details about the other script and it's errors.

my thought is that 7.11 comes with a few scripts pre-installed (up-to-date),
and maybe there's a conflict between one of them (maybe a hot key), and this
script you're mentioning.

hth,

Chip

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Marquette [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2009 3:03 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: WE 7.11 Appears to Mess-Up Certain Scripts 

I've only been running WE 7.11 for about an hour, and already I've begun to
have doubts.  I certainly won't install on my Office machine for a while.
A very useful script is Kevin's Proof Reading Script.  With one keystroke,
it turns on or off several attribute-reading settings.  As well, it loads a
homonyms dictionary -- a must for Naturally Speaking users.
Well, after installing Window-Eyes 7.11, I received a type mismatch error in
WordPad.  I wasn't even trying to do anything with the script.
I have another script, one which is crucial at my office, which also
encountered a type mismatch error.
I would rather do without the "corrections" in 7.11 than these utterly
crucial scripts.
Is anyone else encountering script crashes?

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can
be searched through and sorted using the search form at the bottom of the
page. 

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body of the message.

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be 
searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page. 

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body 
of the message.

Reply via email to