Thanks again Chip.

I guess that I upgraded to this as the company I work for has a deal with
Microsoft, The Home Use Program, as do many other companies, whereby some
software can be bought for very low prices, e.g. Office 2010 Professional +
for either $$9 or £9 depending on which country you are resident.

AT this price I thought it worth buying for home use, if only to get used to
the new technology.

I am now beginning to get to grips with it and find it not too much of a
step from 2007. Some searching was required to find where various options
were, but this has been done, in the main.

Yes, it still needs tidying up, but is usable. I would  not, however, like
to use it for work purposes.

I found a presentation of it on U-Tube from Jeremy, which gave some
indication of its use. There was no indication in there that there were some
areas not yet fully developed between GW and MS.

For GW staff, do you know when any improvements might be forthcoming?




Regards, John

John Farley

        Personal Contact              Work contact 
E-Mail: [email protected]       [email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Orange [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: 29 December 2010 02:23
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Hints on Office 2010

Hi John,

for anyone forced into office 2010, I'd say things are largely well; well
enough, with a few issues with outlook.

however, if you have a choice about upgrading, I'd advise staying with 2007
a while longer.  all the screen readers could use a little time (as well as
Microsoft itself), in adjusting to UIA.

Chip
 

-----Original Message-----
From: John Farley [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2010 8:10 PM
To: 'Chip Orange'; [email protected]
Subject: RE: Hints on Office 2010

Thanks Chip.

As there is a factory set file I thought that all would be well.

That's progress I guess.




Regards, John

John Farley

        Personal Contact              Work contact 
E-Mail: [email protected]       [email protected]


-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Orange [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 25 December 2010 22:39
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Hints on Office 2010

Hi John,

Not yet there isn't.  this is because MS has switched the method it uses to
communicate information to screen readers, beginning with office 2010, from
using MSAA to using something called UIA.  manufacturers of screen readers
will need a little time to adjust.

Chip
 

-----Original Message-----
From: John Farley [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, December 24, 2010 6:58 PM
To: gw-info
Subject: Hints on Office 2010

Hello list,

I have just installed Office 2010 on my home PC.

I, clearly, have a big learning curve. Any tips appreciated.

On Outlook, I used to be able to go to the bottom of the screen and identify
progress on downloads etc. There appears to be a large number of extraneous
characters on Outlook 2010. Is there a way of removing them? 

Thanks in advance.





Regards, John

John Farley

        Personal Contact              Work contact Phone : 01442
259243             01442 227731 VOIPe : 01442 895132
Mobile: 07815 056076             07785 928755
Fax   :                                             01442 227601
E-Mail: [email protected]       [email protected]

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to