I'm not sure why it stopped when you stopped a script.
 
This is a result of the new punctuation in 7.5.  in particular, if you have
the miscellaneous punctuation set to on, you will hear it announce the
"bell" or "jot" symbol which is in each cell of a Word table.
 
the only way I know of to deal with this is to set miscelaneous punctuation
to "dictionary only", and then enter the characters you want to hear, and
which you aren't hearing, into the character dictionary.  this assumes you
have the other punctuations types set to "on".
 
hth,
 
Chip
 

  _____  

From: Retha [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:16 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Word tables


Hi
 
I had the beta on my Windows 7 32 bit Home laptop with Office 2003 on it for
a while.  Unfortunately I had to remove it again because of a problem with a
database we use at work. I already sent GW Micro an error report about this.
 
I just noticed that when in a table, Word says "bell" when moving from cell
to cell.  I remember seeing this previously when I had the Word script on in
Window-Eyes 7.2, but when I stopped the script, it went away.
 
Any way I can stop this when I hopefully use WE 7.5 later?  I have the beta
on my XP Home desktop at home and I do not see this behaviour there.
 
Any ideas?
 
Thanks
Retha

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to