I've only tried it while WLM is running. The app is showing up as running, but it is not showing up in the main drop down menu, thus my concern as to whether it is properly installed. Maybe it is running and is not supposed to show up in the main apps drop down like most other apps? But if it is running properly, where is the WLM set file. It is nowhere to be found. I can't even manually open and associate it because I can't find it anywhere. I uninstalled the app and manually downloaded and reinstalled it with the same results. If the app isn't supposed to show up in the apps drop down when running, no problem there. It does show up in the app manager as running when WLM is running, but I am still getting the Default set file with no sign of the WLM set file that is supposed to come with the app anywhere for manual association and that can't be right. I don't know if having the proper set file associated will stop the issue I am having of stuttering and repetition in the list of folders, but it has to be better to have the right set file regardless of the effect on that issue. Thanks for helping me out on this, whether I get the set file and app issue cleared up or not, I am not disliking WLM and think I might be able to use it. It has to be better than dealing with an increasingly unstable install of Eudora.

Thanks,

Chris

At 04:51 PM 5/2/2011, net bat wrote:
have you tried looking at the running apps while live mail is loaded? the list of apps are set to global if the wlm app is not running globally which i think would be the case then it would not show in the list until you change the view from global to maybe all files by name.
the app would be removed from memory when wlm is not running.

----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:[email protected]>Chris Tekell
To: <mailto:[email protected]>net bat
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: Windows Live Mail setup

Thanks for the setup tips. The issue I am having is that I had already done just what you said to get the WLM app. The app shows as installed and running, but there is no listing for it in the main apps dropdown menu when WLM is on and there is no WLM set file shown in the list of set files installed. I will look for it to try to install it to WE manually, but I thought it would at least install with the app package if it wouldn't associate automatically.

Thanks,

Chris

At 10:26 AM 5/2/2011, net bat wrote:
open the app get menu and download the wlm package. then you can install it.----- Original Message ----- set it to use the global inbox if you want all messages to go to one mail box for all your accounts. i think its the compact view i use to stop it from saying x un readd messages. i think even with the set files loaded you have to manually associate the wlm.gra and wlm.key dictionaries manually. somewhere in w e you have to tell it to use both the global and program dictionaries before the wlm dictionaries will show in the list.


From: <mailto:[email protected]>Chris Tekell
To: <mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 6:32 AM
Subject: Windows Live Mail setup
Last night I had a crash that corrupted my Eudora Inbox and though I
have it working somewhat again, I've decided to try out Windows Live
Mail. It was easy to get started, but I have a few questions.
First, the WLM app does not show up in the list of apps under the app
menu when WLM is open and the associated setfile is Default. I
thought that the app came with set files. Is this how things are
supposed to be or is something wrong? When browsing the list of
folders, I get a lot of repetition and stuttering and was wondering
if this was a regular issue or something caused by the app and set
files not associating correctly.
Second, is there any way to import my other Eudora mailboxes into WLM?
Third, if I decided to use WLM as my RSS reader, is there any way to
import my list of feeds from Accessible RSS Reader? I am subscribed
to over 200 feeds and the idea of manually changing over is a bit daunting.
Finally, any other tips or tricks for improving the accessibility or
general layout of WLM? Aside from briefly trying out the odd new
email client from time to time, I have been using Eudora pretty much
solidly since somewhere around 1994 or 1995, so I've dug myself quite
the deep and fortified comfort zone. Any changes needed to the
default security settings for best malware protection?
Thanks,
Chris
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to <mailto:[email protected]>[email protected] so the entire list will receive it. GW-Info messages are archived at <http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo>http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo . You can manage your list subscription at <http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv>http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6086 (20110501) __________
The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

<http://www.eset.com>http://www.eset.com


__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6089 (20110502) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

<http://www.eset.com>http://www.eset.com

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to