Because Windows defaults to having it on and I have enough vision to see light enough that it's nice to have the screen darken when not in use, but strange for me to be in front of a screen which is off. I've never even really thought about it till now as I've always had one on.
    Cory

On 21/06/2011 5:17 PM, Peter Beasley wrote:
why do you bother having a screen saver?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cory Martin" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:13 PM
Subject: Screen saver hangs speech with WE7.5.1


    Hello all,
Firstly this looks like a really nice update with lots of fixes. I haven't thus far had any problems with internet browsing on Internet Explorer 8 *knocks on wood*. However there is still some strange issue; happening, left my computer for about half an hour and came back to my screen saver being on. This is just the usual star-field simulation that ships with Windows xp. When I pressed something to remove the screen saver (control key) Window Eyes seemed to be hanging. I loaded Jaws from a hot-key sequence to try to get speech back to terminate Window Eyes and as Jaws loaded and started talking, Window Eyes speech resumed as normal. I then unloaded Jaws and disabled my screen saver for the time being however I would really like to know what might be causing Window Eyes trouble with something as simple as this which has been around Windows since the beginning. I realize for a blind person having a screen-saver is not really necessary however it is quite normal for a computer to have one on. Is there something I can do to resolve this problem? Or is this some kind of strange bug needing squashing?
     Thanks,
    Cory

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6227 (20110621) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com





__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6227 (20110621) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com



If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to