I understand what you're saying be it that headings often have links right below them. But Window-Eyes is doing exactly what you're asking it to do; move to the next heading. And it can't assume that every user wants to go to the next link following the heading. So it does exactly what it claims to do and moves you to the heading. And every heading doesn't have a link immediately following it. So if Window-Eyes assumed that's what you wanted, soon the complaints would begin about missing critical information between the heading and the link. And sooner or later you'd find yourself in that exact situation. So one tap of the tab key is a pretty simple satisfy everyone answer while sticking to the defined functionality of the H key.

Hth,
Tom


On 1/26/2012 10:51 PM, Dave bahr wrote:
Hi list,

I'm wondering something. Why, when I press h for the heading on a
webpage, does it not go to the link if the page contains a link? Is
there some sort of way to just jump to that link instead of pressing the
tab key. Yes, I know, the links list with iinsert tab, but if I'm on a
page browsing by heading, as I often am, why can't I just press enter on
the link. Window-eyes reads it, but it's not focused to press enter on.
Am I making sense?
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.


Reply via email to