Hello,  I am running a Windows xp sp 3 machine on a wireless signal from a 
wireless router.  I am currently relying on the Windows xp firewall, and the 
router's built in hardware firewall.  I sometimes go to my father in law's 
house, and take my netbook with me.  He has a DSl wireless modem/router but 
does not have encryption set on it.  I am afraid that someone could get into my 
system and either take it over, or plant something into it.  Are their any 
software firewalls available that are WE accessible?

I do have several software programs monitoring my system for malware, spyware, 
and viruses.  Malware bytes, super-anti spyware, nod32, and microsfot secuirty 
essentials, but none of these are firewalls.

I tried using Kurio firewall from the JFWlite.com page, but when I accessed the 
GW connect program, I had to allow about 40 access requests from and to various 
ports on several IPs.  I eventually removed Kurio due to the lack of progress 
in getting to my desktop, nothing but kurio asking for permissions to be 
allowed or declined.

Thanks for any help

Keith
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to