One thing which comes to mind is that you can move the mouse down to the
status bar, right click it, and then you can turn on/off the various items
you want it to display.  You can turn on the position reporting so it tells
you how far from the top/bottom you currently are, and how far from the
left.
 
I'm not an expert Word processor, but if I needed to be for a class, I'd buy
the book from GW or ATI about use of Word 2010 with WE.
 
I'm sure there's a formatting way to handle this; if nothing else, you could
define a paragraph style for this double indent you need, and apply the
style to these places in the document.  That way, WE would announce the
style name, and you would know the paragraph had the double indent applied.
I bet there exists such a style for block quotes already.  (google for this
topic).
 
hth,
 
Chip
 



  _____  

From: Katherine Moss [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2012 7:36 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: WE and Word 2010, how to access the functionality that the ruler
provides? 



Hey all,

I'll first start by saying that this is more important than ever now that it
contributed to my less than satisfactory grade I received on an English
paper.  I am working on MLA style in English, and one of the requirements
for it for those who use a different style for citing things, is that during
block quotes, each line, and not just the first one, must be double
indented.  I cannot seem to find an automatic way to do that with the
feedback that WE provides.  My professor uses the ruler at the top of the
Word 2010 document area to place them.  I find it highly innoficient to
simply drill down each line and place the tabs manually, that's for sure.
Is there a way to access the ruler with WE?  Or is there a formatting ribbon
option that will allow this to occur on selected portions of a document?
Thanks a lot, guys.  

 

Katherine Moss,

Administrator of the AccessCop Network, previously Raeder24.org.  Visit us
on the web at http://raeder24.org <http://raeder24.org/> 

 


If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to