Thanks to all who helped me getting started.

Now, there would be little help in the add-on, if you were to allow all scripts any way. Still, the extra verbage that was produced, was rather useless. All you need to know, in general, is when something is being blocked. At least, I don't need to have the message tell me that 10 out of 15 things got blocked. But see, there is no need to have that going on either. One user pointed me to the options of the NoScript. In the notification tab, you can set the NoScript to simply play a sound clip every time it blocks any number of scripts. This way, you are rid of the extra verbage, and you are still being notified that some blocking is taking place. The NoScript even comes with a sound clip for the purpose.

Thanks again for all assistance. Hope the setting on the Notification tab will be helpful for others as well.


----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Bahr" <[email protected]>
To: "gw-info" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 6:56 AM
Subject: Re: Firefox NoScript


yeah, I'm with Raul. Sure it can be a little annoying to hear it but I'd rather know what's allowed and not allowed. If you either disable the script notifications and/or allow all scripts globally, then what's the point of the extension?

Dave C. Bahr


On 5/7/2012 6:40 PM, Raul A. Gallegos wrote:
Hi, when you are on a page and you want to allow some or all of the scripts, press the context menu key when you are on the page. Arrow to no script and press enter or right arrow. Then down arrow and choose to allow all the site, or just parts of it. I usually go with allowing parts of it. For example, many sites might have a Google syndication, or facebook feed added. I usually don't allow these unless they are absolutely necessary. Sometimes just allowing the site-only scripts is enough. You can always use the temporarily allow options which are also there. As to how to avoid hearing that the site's scripts were blocked. I don't know, I like hearing that because I know if some, or all of the scripts are allowed.


--
Raul A. Gallegos
Ever notice how it's usually the person with the closed mind who has the open mouth?
Home Page: http://raulgallegos.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rau47
Facebook: http://facebook.com/rgallegos74

On 5/7/2012 7:28 PM, David wrote:
|OK, I have seen several people suggest the NoScript add-on for Firefox.
So, finally, I decided to install it. First of all, every time I open a
new site, it keeps informing me that no script is allowed. Browsing the
web, it soon becomes tidios to listen to that message. Is there a way to
turn off that message?
Secondly, how do I allow a given page to run one or more scripts? I
can't figure a way to get 'in touch' with that NoScript add-on for
setting it up.
Any simple "getting started" steps would be greatly appriciated.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to