Dave,

In this case, you want to use full-blown Remote Desktop. This is possible if you have a professional version of Windows on your home machine. As for your IP, you might have to set up a dynamic DNS if your IP changes regularly.

Steve



On 5/8/2012 9:56 PM, Dave Bahr wrote:
So, question. If I want to remote into my computer that is at home while
I go on a business trip, what's the best way to do that? According to
the podcast I have to have another person to type in the password at the
other end. But if I'm not there, I obviously can't do that. And if the
ip changes and I'm not on my lan, then what do I do?

Dave C. Bahr


On 5/8/2012 7:13 AM, Aaron Smith wrote:
Dave,

You may be interested in the February 1, 2012 webinar, "How to use the
built-in Remote Assistance with Window-Eyes." There's a link to the
podcast/mp3 at http://www.gwmicro.com/Training/Webinar_Training/.

Aaron

On 5/8/2012 12:58 AM, Dave Bahr wrote:
Hi, is there some sort of tutorial that I could read, or guide,
or...well, something that will help me use remote desktop with
window-eyes? I'd like to figure out how I can control my other pcs
from remote locations.


If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

--
Stephen Clower
Product support specialist & App Development
GW Micro, Inc. * 725 Airport North Office Park, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
260-489-3671 * gwmicro.com
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to