Yes; this is correct. Out of curiosity, when the placemarkers stop
working, do you still see the original definition in the PM dialog?
Steve
On 5/8/2012 6:36 PM, [email protected] wrote:
Hi, Steve.
Yes, I do press the add button, followed by OK. As I stated in the previous
message, the place marker works for a week or two or three, then quits,
forcing me to find the view full article link using control-shift-f, and,
reset the place marker. I'm not using FF or IE nine; I'm using IE8. It's my
understanding that the minimum requirement for IE 9 is Windows Vista. I'm
using XP SP3, etcetera etcetera.
My understanding of the manual's place marker section is that I should be
able to set the virtual cursor at the top of the page, define a place
marker, and--if I use the position relative to line number and text search
radio button--Window-Eyes will begin at that point and search the page from
top to bottom. In that way, this particular place marker setting is like
control-shift-f with a memory. Am I right?
-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Clower [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 12:38 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Problem with place markers.
I just tried this in FF 13 and IE 9, and the placemarkers worked as I
would expect. Are you ever pressing the Escape key when defining the
marker? If so, keep in mind that doing so will undo your work. So once
you define the placemarker, activate the Add button, and then click OK.
If you then move to the top of the page, for instance, K should take you
to the marker. Or if you are below the mark, J will move you up to it.
Steve
On 5/8/2012 8:23 AM, [email protected] wrote:
Sorry about that Steve. Window-Eyes version seven point five point four
point one, Windows XP SP-three with all other updates and service packs,
Outlook twenty oh three, Internet Explorer eight.
The page is:
http://townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/2012/05/08/the_moral_infrastruct
ure
Townhall.com is the domain, and every day a different group of columnists
contributes. I just tried the page above with no success. Cannot find the
view full article link with the place marker, but I located it with the
find
feature--control-shift-f. In the past, when I put the virtual cursor on
the
view full article text and set the place marker using the settings in my
previous email, the place marker would work for anywhere between a week
and
maybe two or three.
Lou N.
-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Clower [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 6:49 AM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Problem with place markers.
Greetings,
Could you send us a link to one of the articles so we can investigate
this? Also which version of Window-Eyes are you running?
Steve
On 5/7/2012 5:03 PM, [email protected] wrote:
Hi, list.
There is a web page I visit daily for articles which routinely splits
long
articles in half and offers a link called view full article. I have set a
place marker on the domain name because the columnists change, but the
view
full article link is there more than 95 percent of the time, although the
position of the view full article link may change, depending on the other
stuff ahead of the article. I have set a placemarker thus:
E place marker name = view full article.
H hot key number = 1 (This doesn't really matter, since there is only one
place marker.).
Check box unchecked y temporary.
Edit box l auto read lines = 1.
Radio button checked applies to = domain.
Edit box t place marker text = view full article.
Radio button checked position relative to = line number and text search.
The text of the manual pertaining to the last of the position relative to
radio buttons says:
Line Number and Text Search - Radio Button - When selected, Window-Eyes
will
scan
the entire page and look for the text supplied in the place marker text
edit
box.
According to the manual, it should not matter where the virtual cursor is
on
the web page; this last setting should tell Window-Eyes to find the view
full article link on the web page if it is there to be found. With the
above
settings, I should be able to put the virtual cursor at the top of the
page,
scrupulously make the appropriate settings, and WE should zero in on it,
right? The manual says Window-Eyes will scan the entire page. Well, it
isn't
working.
I have repeatedly used the place marker feature and Window-Eyes didn't
find
the view full article link. When I put the virtual cursor at the top of
the
page and used control-shift-F, boom. Found it.
Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug? Is the manual written
incorrectly? Both A and C?
Lou N.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
--
Stephen Clower
Product support specialist & App Development
GW Micro, Inc. * 725 Airport North Office Park, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
260-489-3671 * gwmicro.com
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so
the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.