I did check and as it turns out, the site address I mentioned in my earlier message, was the very same site that was listed in the homepage section of firefox. In fact, if I do a search on the site that now comes up, I come to find out, that the search results are from bing. This change must have happened automatically, because I've never changed my firefox homepage. Mike Rochester, NY.
-----Original Message----- From: Sandra Fouts <[email protected]> To: 'Mike Bernard' <[email protected]>; gw-info <[email protected]> Sent: Wed, Aug 14, 2013 12:57 pm Subject: RE: what happened to firefox Have you checked to make sure your home page wasn'tchanged on you? -----Original Message----- From: Mike Bernard [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:55 AM To: [email protected] Subject: what happened to firefox Hey everybody, Have any of you noticed anything strange about firefox? I've noticed that ever since late yesterday afternoon, whenever I open firefox, instead of getting the usual google homepage, I now get some weird looking website. In the address bar, I see this: http://search.conduit.com/?ctid=CT3282495&SearchSource=13&CUI=UN50565141466476119. Another thing that happens, is that when firefox opens, sometimes I get a dialog box with a message that says that a plug-in of some sort either is busy, or has stopped responding. Then I have two buttons, a continue button and a stop plug-in button. When I press either of these, the dialog goes away, but then comes right back. Sometimes it doesn't and I'm placed on the webpage whose web address I gave above. The plug-in is called Conduit. When I used firefox earlier in the day, it worked fine. What happened? Overall, firefox appears to be functioning like it normally does, and webvisum is working too. But what's with this weird website all of a sudden? I've tried switching the homepage back to google, but that doesn't seem to work. Is there anything I can do to straighten this out? Thanks. Mike Rochester, NY. P.S. This only happens in firefox. IE 8 still works like it normally does. If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it. GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv. If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it. GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
