All of this is with the latest versions of IE and Firefox, using Window Eyes 
8.4 including the last version of the Audible app and is on a Windows 7 64-bit 
PC.

I have a very large library, but this problem remains whether I display the 
maximum number of titles per page or a smaller number of titles.

Since Audible finally started allowing users to choose a version of even the 
larger titles that is not separated into sections, I am trying to replace all 
of my divided titles with these new single part versions. Since most of my 
books were previously divided, this is a lot of downloading. The problem is 
that IE will not seem to display anything but the first or last page of my 
library. When I change the settings to display titles from all time and to 
display the maximum number of items per page, I end up with nine pages. I can 
navigate through and download books from pages one and nine, but attempts to 
get the other pages to load properly end up with IE trying to recover the page 
multiple times and even when it seems to have completely and properly 
downloaded, Attempts to navigate by table or heading end up with Window Eyes 
saying 'unknown' again and again as I hit the appropriate keys. When properly 
working, the page begins with a single title at the start of the library 
contents,
 and each book and each part of the book as it used to be divided appears as a 
separate heading, making it easy to differentiate the books I need to 
redownload and to get back to the next book on the many occasions where Window 
Eyes returns to the top of the page when the Audible Downloader jumps to the 
front as I start a new download.

After much frustration and attempts to get things to work better including 
attempts to use compatibility mode, I tried Firefox. Firefox seems to be able 
to display each page, however, it refuses to show the parts of the books that 
used to be divided making it difficult to differentiate  the titles I need to 
redownload from those I don't. Also, the titles are not shown as individual 
headings making it difficult to move through the list of titles. I tried using 
the search function to jump between the links for downloading. This works, but 
as Firefox will not keep the place when the downloader jumps to the front, it 
becomes increasingly frustrating to get through all of the books on a page. Add 
it to the difficulty in knowing which books I need to download and which ones I 
need to skip and I just can't seem to get very far without giving up 
infrustration. I suppose I could redownload everything, but then I would have 
to edit the metadata for each book as I have altered Audible's default
  data to make sure all series display properly by name of series and order of 
book in the series whereas if I just do the books I really need to download, I 
will be saved an awful lot of extra effort in this already effort intensive 
project. I know it may seem odd to some for me to be so picky, but having each 
book as a single part and keeping my own sorting method makes things much 
easier to deal with on my player. I have less to navigath through in my list of 
books, and everything is in the correct order for listening, no searching about 
for the next book because the titles are sorted just by title. I just wish I 
could get all of this downloading done easily.

I am wondering if the errors that crop up in IE when moving to the pages beyond 
the first and last are something caused by an interaction with Window Eyes, or 
something else. I am hoping that maybe there is something that might be done 
either to update the Audible app or something that might be done in an upcoming 
update to Window Eyes that will make the library work better. Or maybe there is 
something I can do with IE to improve things. As I said, I've already tried 
compatibility mode, and I did the same when having the same issue with IE 10 
and it was absolutely no help. If anyone knows of something that might help, I 
would love to know.

Thanks,

Chris
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to