Hi Robin,

 

I wanted to add my personal suggestions on how you might be able to
accomplish these tasks more efficiently.  Regarding finding links quickly in
calendar appointments, you might want to try using the Page Navigation
dialog (Insert-Tab).  Pressing this hot key put your focus in a list of all
of the links found in the details area of the appointment.  Once in the list
of links, you can select the link you want from the list and then activate
or focus the link using the appropriate buttons or shortcut keys in the Page
Navigation dialog.

 

Here is a tip for quickly locating a phone number for a selected contact no
matter what view you have your contacts set to.  Select the contact of
interest from the list and press the Applications key to open the context
menu for that contact.  Down arrow to Call and press Enter. You will be
placed in a pull down menu listing all of the phone numbers for that
specific contact.

 

I hope you find this info helpful.

 

Regards,

Marc

 

From: Heidi <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> >

Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 06:38:39 -0400

 

I use the list view in contacts  to find a contact I use the search feature
in outlook, type in some letters, then use the mouse from the bottom of the
screen and left click on the contact I want. The we mouse is incredible easy
to use like this and often the list is extremely short. 

 

Cheers,

Heidi 

 

> On Apr 1, 2014, at 5:31 PM, "Thomas N. Chan" <[email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]> > wrote:

> 

> I don't get those meeting invitation but what I will do for your part of
attachment is

> Upon opening the email oe message, hit alt - 7.

> Alt - 1  to 8 will bring you different info of the individual  open
message.

> The other way to work around that, hit insert - tab, bring the mouse focus
to it and you can move your mouse pointer to click it. its faster than
search for it.

>  

> I sort all my contacts as their name and move those contacts into
different contact group. Example, GW Micro staff, I will probably move them
all of them into GW Micro folder under the contact folder.

> So I can use  first letter navigation on the listing or more keys if
there's more than one John, Johnny etc.

>  

> Last part, Once you open that message, you can use this hotkey to bring
out the list of enter info f this contact.

> I don't remember the default hotkey but you can find it in your outlook
enhance app.

> App management, outlook enhance, help and last tab to  hotkey manager.

>  

>  

> Good luck with Outlook

>  

>  

>  

>  

> --------------------

> regards

> Thomas N. Chan

> From: Van Lant, Robin [mailto:[email protected]] 

> Sent: Wednesday, 2 April 2014 1:33 AM

> To: GW-info List - GW Micro ([email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]> )

> Cc: GW-info List - GW Micro ([email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]> )

> Subject: Outlook 2010 - is there a better way to do these tasks

>  

> Hi,

> I'm new to Outlook here at work.  I've listened to the 2 available
webinars on Outlook Enhance app and Outlook calendar  and am navigating
fairly well.  I have a couple items I'd like to bounce off experienced users
for any tips:

>  

>  

> .         I often receive meeting invitations that contain a WebEx web
conference link and/or attachments.   While I have the message
virtualization function turned on, that does not seem to work with calendar
meetings.   Today, to attend a web meeting, I used the Outlook calendar to
get to the appointment, opened it, then used the WE find command to get to
piece of text I know is close to the webex url so that I could launch the
meeting.  That seemed faster than arrowing down through eh whole invitation
to find the link.  Is there a more efficient way to navigate through a
meeting to find the call-in information, web conference link and/or any
attachments?

>  

> .         In contacts, the webinar I watched left the view as Business
Cards. This was nice for first letter navigation through last names.  At
work, I often find it more efficient to sort my contacts by company when I
don't recall the name of the contact I need to reach.  What do you find is
the best layout for contacts when you know you'd going to be looking up
phone numbers in contacts?  I tried a list view, which allows for sorting by
company, but I didn't have the first letter navigation as in business cards.


>  

> .         In order to read a phone number, it seems that you'd have to
open the business card, then tab through in order to be able to read the
phone number digit by digit to dial it.  Any advice on a more efficient way
to do this?

>  

>  

>  

> Robin Van Lant | Sr. Program Manager

> Strategy & Performance Management | Key Equipment Finance

>  

> 

> 

> This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information.
It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying,
distributing or using any of this information. If you received this
communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy
the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This
communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers
subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not
directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose
other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the
information. 

> 

> 127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

> 

> If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services
from Key 

> send an e-mail to mailto:[email protected] with 'No Promotional E-mails'
in the SUBJECT line.

 

 

 


If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to