Robin, I just went to my contact list in Outlook 2010 and didn't get the
text before the contacts with first letter navigation or arrowing.  

 

You want the navigation pane set to normal, but turn off the preview pane,
the todo bar, and the people pane and see if that clears things up.  

 

Bill

 

 

From: Van Lant, Robin [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:29 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Odd issue in Outlook 2010 Contacts

 

Hi all,

A few months ago I changed to using Outlook 2010.  I listened to the
webinars on using the Contacts feature in Outlook.  At that time, I recall
that my system performed like the webinar wherein, if I did first letter
navigation within Contacts, it would take me to the first business card with
that letter, then I could arrow from there.  I recently noticed that when I
now go into Contacts, if I do first letter navigation and arrow around, WE
is grabbing some text from somewhere else and saying it before it will read
the contact's name.  Right now, it's saying something starting with Search
Tools.  I did a WE find to see where that text is on the screen and oddly,
my mouse jumps to a spot on the title bar just right and up from the View
tab.  When I wiggle the mouse over this, it will say Search Tools, although
I don't see any text or icon there.  

 

I can tell that the navigation is occurring between business cards, but the
preceding text is long enough and disruptive enough that it's tedious to
grab whose card I'm on.  I'm using the search function for now, but would
like to figure out the issue.

 

I can't think of anything I changed other than now having a couple more
contact lists showing up in my navigation pane.  I checked that I'm still on
business card.  I tried removing the navigation pane.  Just not sure why
it's grabbing this text. And it's not completely consistent.  That is, if I
alt tab away from Outlook and come back to it, WE will read the title bar,
then say the name of the business card I'm currently on without that extra
verbiage.  But as soon as I arrow or jump to another letter, the extra text
is there before the contact's name. 

 

Anyone else experience anything like this? 

 

 

Robin Van Lant | Sr. Program Manager

Strategy & Performance Management | Key Equipment Finance

720-304-1060 | [email protected]

 



This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information.
It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying,
distributing or using any of this information. If you received this
communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy
the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This
communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers
subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not
directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose
other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the
information. 

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114


If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services
from Key 
send an e-mail to mailto:[email protected] with 'No Promotional E-mails'
in the SUBJECT line.


If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to