Hi,

I have a gwt-ext tab panel that dynamically creates tabs. These tabs
can contain multiple gwt-ext widgets. When I try to close these tabs,
I notice that the memory indicated via the task manager of Internet
explorer does not decrease.
My question is: Should/Would IE7 free up the memory when we close
these tabs?

I have tried to manually destroy the tabs by overriding the
doBeforeRemove() method and calling the panel.destroy() method there,
but it does not free up memory.

We are overridding the following method in the PanelListenerAdapter of
the TabPanel
@Override
public boolean doBeforeRemove(Container self, Component component) {
    Panel pp = appTabPanel.getItem(component.getId());
    if(pp != null){
        // Attempting to destroy/remove the tab
        pp.destroy();
        pp.removeAll(true);