Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:35:57 -0400
From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [h-cost] elizabethan dress trim question
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Kimiko wrote:
>>  I also need "ouches" or > something similar for the hats I am working on
>
>OK, I'll bite- what are "ouches"?
>          -Helen/Aidan

That's what the creator (Steve Millingham) of the jewelry replicas calls
"dress jewels (ouches) ". I am not sure why he calls them that, as in I
haven't seen a source for the name other than at his site.
http://www.tudorjewels.com/princess%20elizabeth.htm
First jewelry pic you come across. It's what I want for the jewelry I am
looking to get.

Steve Millingham got the word from my customer who got it from me, who got
it from Annie the Pedlar who did the research for my Elizabeth figure. I
imagine she has sources for it, as she did a great deal of research before
making the jewellery for me.

Suzi

KP wrote:
> It's not just his term:
> http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=ouch

Very cool. A new, accurate, but obsolete, word.
Thanks,
         -Helen/Aidan