I think you're referring to a coat with a standing color, buttons across one shoulder, and then down the side of the chest, right? For the long-sleeved version (also long in length), try an image search for pictures of civilian and maybe military doctors from the influenza epidemic of 1918 or any of the polio epidemics pre WWII. The short-sleeved (and shorter) version was standard wear for hospital interns up through the 1960's. Any image search for "Ben Casey" or "Dr Kildare" should turn up plenty of pictures. The short-sleeved version was also worn by dentists and pharmacists up through the 60's and maybe a bit beyond. Disclaimer- look for images from the US; I don't know about the rest of the world. -Helen/Aidan