At 09:55 PM 7/24/2005, you wrote:
At 05:11 PM 7/24/2005, you wrote:
How did you manage to view the images? Only a few images showed up when I went to the folder, unfortunately, none of them were the ones you looked at.

Joan Jurancich

Hi Joan

Lets see... I clicked on the browse button that brought me to this page, then clicked on folder titles:
http://digital.nypl.org/mmpco/browse.cfm?trg=folder
I went down the list of titles and found "Costumes - 1500s - English" and hit Go. Then it went to the first of three pages of images, and waited while they all loaded in.

I later found that if you went to Search instead of Browse, you can ask for each image number if you already know them.
http://digital.nypl.org/mmpco/search.cfm
Chose "Search in image id field" from the first set of drop downs.
Enter the number of the image you want, then press the Search button.
You can also search by other means as well.

hth,
Kimiko

Basically, that's what I did. But only one or two (or sometimes no) pictures loaded on any one page; I tried several pages with similar results. I have cable internet, so speed is not the problem (and I walked away and left it to load for several minutes, just in case). When I used the search function as you described, I still did not get an image. Since I did occasionally get an image, just not the ones I wanted:-(, I assume that my security settings and pop-up blocking are not the problem. Bummer, I wanted to get a look at these. But from the ones that do load (a tiny percentage) and from the bibliographic information provided, I would expect nearly all of them for earlier periods to be 18th or 19th century illustrations, and for our purposes, we would need to remember all the caveats about artistic license.

Joan Jurancich
[EMAIL PROTECTED]