Elizabeth Young wrote:
I am making a late 15th century Italian dress,

Unless I use a shaped center back seam, the bodice gaps at the center back neckline and sometimes at the center back waist. I have very pronounced shoulder blades and a sway back. If I want to have a center back seam, then I can eliminate the gapping. But if I do not (for some reason) want a c/b seam, is there some fitting technique I am missing?

Thanks! everybody for the helpful suggestions and web info. I will try some of them out on the next version of the dress.

liz young