It is very similar to the flour sack towels at W-S, but I'm looking for it on a bolt; like you would find regular fabric in a fabric store.

Are you talking about the flour sack dish towels tha you >get at WilliamSonoma? That are a very soft white cotton? >Or are you talking about the flour sacks that used to be >in prints that women in the Great Depression used to make >clothing? I would imagine that they are the same >material, but don't know for sure.

I would suggest that you check the hand of some authentic flour sacks before substituting. The actual fabric used to make sacks for flour is *very* different from the pieces of white cotton sold as "flour sack towels". The cotton sold as flour sack towels is close to the feel of the original sacks AFTER it had been used and used and used. Towels were often the last of a long line of things made from the fabric. Next stop was the rag bin.

The new fabric taken from a freshly emptied sack of flour has a lot more substance to it. Much more firm and dense. Once it had been made into curtains or clothing, then remade a time or two, then handed down a few times, it started feeling much softer and thinner.

I'm not well versed in clothing terminology, but new flour sacking feels a lot more like fine, dense canvas or denim than those white towels.

Denise
landofoz