Wow,

Thank you all for the great responses!

> That's her hair sticking out like a tassle.

The "hair style" is very clear now - and a little odd. (but I might add, the
recent trend of hairstyles that are in a similar vein - i.e. a twist in a large
clip with the ends fanned up instead of tucked under - aren't so new after all
are they?)

>The "maid" in the final tapestry "A Mon Seul Desire" shows the hair
>very clearly being wrapped around the head and twisted up into a
>tuft. You can see this by going to the Tracey Chevalier site as
>recommended by Michaela and clicking on the close up feature.

Thank you for all the links, and I agree that the images on the Tracey
Chevalier site are the clearest. The reproduction site was one of the first
ones I came across that actually gave bigger images.

>Yes, they're more fantasy than anything else, but for a wedding dress who
>cares? They would all be lovely. I am not familiar with the belgian versions
>seen on this site, but there are fine books available of the French
>tapestries.

I am sort of feeling the same way, but I am torn between wanting something I
can use later for SCA events, and having something as a keepsake. However - the
practical side of me is saying why spend all that time, energy and money on
something I am only going to wear once? Why not wear it again?

Annette M