>The only tricky part of a Sari is the fit of the Choli... and Salwar Kameez
>(pants and tunic) can be pretty easy to throw together as well, if you are
> familiar with rectangular construction.

Personally, I cant toss something together for the low prices that our
local Indian shops sell and tailor for.  My recommendation is to
choose the salwar kamees from their stock (they'll be pre-embellished)
then have the shop tailor to fit.  A Choli should cost US$20-30.  You
have a choice of dozens of neckline & sleeve styles; it'll probably be
ready in a day or 3.  I just cant beat that and it gives me more time
to do something vintage European.

Granted, I live in Silicon Valley, home of the largest Indian
population outside India.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]