I've been thinking about layering the cotton ones, yes. Although, as you guessed, I live in northern CA--San Francisco. I believe it's been established that it was not Mark Twain who said that "the coldest winter he ever spent was a summer in San Francisco," _somebody_ clearly did.

Fran
Lavolta Press
http://www.lavoltapress.com

Carolyn Kayta Barrows wrote:

BUT, those are all thin cotton skirts . . . and I'm looking for velvet for fall/winter.

Does it make sense to layer one of these over what would amount to a petticoat underneath? The underskirt would keep you warm and the over skirt would look nice for both of them. I'm not usually a skirt-wearer, so I don't know.

       CarolynKayta Barrows
dollmaker, fibre artist, textillian
         www.FunStuft.com

             //// \\\