Actually, on the subject of crocking...

This year my husband's red wool venetians crocked/bled very badly onto his
shirt and stockings during the run of Faire. Not unusual, you might say, red
is notorious for not being a stable dye. However, this is the third year
these venetians were worn, and neither of us recall any sort of difficulties
with them before. The offending dye washed out of the other pieces of
clothing without mishap, but I was wondering if anyone else had such an
experience and if there is any way to try to "set" the dye into the wool at
this point?

Rebecca Schmitt
aka Agness Cabot, Guilde of St. Lawrence
Bristol Renaissance Faire

My arms are too short to box with God.  --Johnny Cash