----- Original Message ----- From: "Lloyd Mitchell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2005 2:18 PM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] purse embroideries

The purses are Loverly! Did you just gather the bottom, or are the gathers
set on a smaller circle?

Kathleen

Hi Kathleen,
I have cartridge pleated the bottom and then i have sewed all the pleats together like a star. You are right that some have a little covered cirkle in the bottom, and i still have a lot to learn in making them like the old ones. I have found a book on Amazon com that has some examples and i want that book. Also i have to find out how to make renaissance purses two, because i want to make Elizabethan two. Thanks for all your positive feed backs, i always feels good when people like what i do. I also got a permission order to make a belt pouch from late 1500 with a family crest with 3 lions in silver, this is something i will start to make after the dress i make has finished.
Does anyone have any links to late 1500 belt pouches?
I would like to see some examples...........

Bjarne