Hi,
They are called fan sticks. Try to search for it at lace materials dealers. Lacis have some made of bamboo for 30 dollars.

Bjarne

To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 8:48 PM
Subject: [h-cost] making a fan

I want to try making a fan (18th-19th century style as opposed to renaissance style) but I don't know where to get the base. I'm not even sure what to call it, but the individual "sticks" are called ribs, I think. I tried googling "fan base" fan ribs" "fan set" and a couple of other combinations without any luck.

Can anyone help me with what the proper term is for this item? And if anyone can point me towards websites that might carry this, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
Julie