At 02:12 PM 9/21/2005, you wrote:
I have no idea how many people came away thinking that Sir Francis Walsingham actually _did_ go to Scotland and murder Mary of Guise after sleeping with her (or whatever it was the movie said he did) -- when in fact I don't think he was ever _in_ Scotland.

That was the most annoying part of the movie to my mind, among the many annoying parts of the movie. I know the history from the Scottish side of things, and I just about screamed in the theatre when I saw it. I even bought the DVD and I still can't bring myself to watch the darn thing, even tho I loved seeing the costumes (accurate or otherwise).

Kimiko