From: Jean Waddie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sep 27, 2005 5:35 PM
To: Historical Costume <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: h-costume@mail.indra.com
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Re: playing in period societies?

The SCA in general does not do period fighting techniques, they have
their own style of fighting which has developed from what the society
chose as safety precautions (rattan weapons, full armour).  You might
find some individuals in some areas exploring the old manuals, but that
is not mainstream for the SCA.  There is also SCA "fencing", but I'm not
sure where that lies between period techniques and modern sport fencing.

Jean

A. Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote